Pages

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Every end is a new Beginning...Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas everyone!

Sorry for my whiney post last time, but my intention is to use this blog to write down what I feel and think in the moment. Thats a great opportunity for me too, to review my feelings and capture them over time :)

Anyways, I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas time, quality-time with your families,partners and friends and lovely presents and great eats :)
I have to work over the holidays, but its only early shifts from 7 am - 5pm so Ill be home in the evening to spend time with my small family,too :)


Yesterday, I got some awesome news from my new apartment. Ill be able to move in by the end of next week :) Because, yes, you got it right, I am moving out by January! I am so glad this day finally came and I hope, I can cope with the new situation and do well living on my own.Lets just think positive here! :)

[So many Smilies,this seems to be a happy post]

So to get more pictures in here and write about some EATS again and not just about ED,
here is my REVIEW of what FOODS I liked best over the past year:

Best of 2012 - Foodie style 
 
pumkin puree
No#1: Pumpkin
baked pumpkin
Every style of it. I LOVE pumpkin and its my all-time-favorite vegetable since living in BC,Canada for over a year. I am obviously always really sad,  whenever pumkin season is over, because I am not a sucker for winter-veggies like kale and all sorts of cabbage...that stuff gives me gas and I dont like that for sure!haha



No#2:Watermelon

Watermelon sald: turkish stlye


Ok, I gotta admit it, this hasnt only been my favorite in 2012. Its my favorite every year since I can think. Its just so versatile, fresh and cheap! And honeslty nothing tastes more like summer than a freshly sliced watermelon with a few drops of lemon juice on top!

One of the greatest things is also savory: Watermelon salad.
Just slice up some Watermelon, give some lemon juice on top and mix with diced Feta-cheese, pumkin seeds and fresh mint. Delishhh!


No#3Macaroons

Just three letters: OMG! These are the sweetest, prettiest and mostly cutest little things on earth. I first tried them in my trip to Paris for my birthday and I fell completely in love with them, because they are so versatile:
They are offered in various sizes and flavours:
Vanilla,Coffee,Chocolate,Pistachio....so much more!

Sad thing is, my birthday is usually in lent and I bought a super-expensive and exclusive box of Macaroons in Paris (Where they originally come from!) and I let it set over lent, so I could eat them on Easter, cause we dont eat swe.ets during lent (exept for my bday). But when I wanted to try them after the 40days, they were hard as steel :(

No#4:   Most beautiful display of Food seen in 2012

This assortment of spices and dried fruit in a turkish 
supermarket here in my area :)
Isnt that just like art?!


No#5: Best Fear-Food eaten     
              (conquered!)

Definitely PIZZA! Sadly only eaten once this year, but one of my worst fear-foods. and I am so proud, I was able to enjoy it while being in Paris. I ate this Wrap-style Pizza (not "Calzone"!) with a bit of a salad bouquet and it was super-duper-uber-delish!!

yumm...






Okay, this list could go on and on and on.
I could mention tons of asparagus,broccoli and eggs, that were eaten this year.And the few times, I got myself to enjoy "After-Eight-gelato" (my favorite) or FroYo (which has finally arrived in Germany :))
and Blackberries, but I guess that would be too much ;)

Anyways, one of my wishes for 2013 is  to conquer more fear-foods and  be able to enjoy eating out
(or eating in general) more again.
I want to go to a breakfast-brunch-buffet and try everything, that looks appealing,
without having (too much) of a bad conciousness.



So lets end this year of amazing eats and start in a new one, in which I hopefully be able to make my plan come true!

XOXO
Mary

3 comments:

  1. I'm proud of what you achieved in 2012,but you and I both know it's not enough cause you're still in a very dangerous place,my dear... So yes,2013 HAS to be more successful; it HAS to be a year that brings a change - and it will be,if you only let it happen. Stay strong,fight your hardest,and you will be able to conquer everything in this world.
    And maybe,our roads will cross again sometime,who knows... ?! :)
    Thinking of you always! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Thanks girl! i TRULY appreciate your honest and wise words. I know 2012 has definitely not been a good year for me and that I need a change. A lot has definitely worsened Ed-wise in the past month/year and I know my state is dangerous and I am balancing at the edge. But I am full of hope and faith that it will be better. I know I wont be able to do it on my own, especially not, when Ill be living on my own. But I am already looking for a place, Ill get help from for next year, after I am done with my apprenticeship. I will hopefully graduate in May/June successfully and I want to take the hard step again and go and get treatment. I dont wanna go hospitalized again, but I wanna pick up therapy again and find a physologist that I can talk to, as soon as I have the time to schedule appointments again :)
    I am willing to change and I am willing to fight. To live.
    Love you girl and I hope I dont trigger you with my super-down experiences.
    Be proud, stay youself and keep on doing what you do:
    Growing out of your cage called ED and making ppl and yourself happy by spreading your positivity and your kindness. Youre awesome!
    And we will meet again. THAT IS FOR SURE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This makes me so happy,dear! I am wishing xou all the best and I believe in you,no doubt about that. If you want it,you can do it - never forget that!
      <3

      Delete