Pages

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Easter 2012

Hi everyone!

Its Easter time!
So today its "Holy Thursday" for me, because Ive been born and raised Roman-Catholic ( and I'm proud of it :))
And that mean the beginning of the Easter Holidays and festivities and FINALLY the end of lent on saturday!
Ohh I am so excited to finally eat ice cream again, drink a glass of whine and go out again dancing :)

Because for lent I had to give up eating Sweets/Candy/Chocolate/etc. as well as eating out/go out partying
[which was not that hard, cause I didnt have the time anyways :( ] and drinking booze (which I rarely ever do anyways)
I actually was supposed to give up meat but I didnt manage to do so for the whole lent, I only abounded it from my meal plan for Ash Wednesday and Good Friday, as those days are traditional "no-meat-days" for me as long as I can remember!
but I dnt think thats bad, I mean I need to get my protein!Cause I'm lacking on it anyways. So you gotta compromise and integrate Religion in your daily live, I guess.

Anyways, since its gonna be the end of lent in 2 days, I am craving Easter chocolate!
And living in Germany weve got the best variety (ok,ok,cadbury eggs are great)
and these are my favorites:





By the way: I'm kinda worried I wont be alte to eat any of this, because it was hard to integrate choclate and other sweet treats into my meal plan again after not eating it for about 5 years straight and it took me over 2 years to do so. But giving it up for lent ( the last 2 years i was at the hospital around this time so i didnt take part in lent) again, I am afraid to feel very guilty again,eating it.
But Illl try,because I am really craving it AND i got a sweet tooth for sure!

sadly I gotta work all easter weekend, a 24h restaurant never closes :D
Even though I'd rather go to church and have a nice brunch with my mum and my best friend, that comes home visiting from Holland. where shes going to university for becoming a doctor.
But I hope you all enjoy your easter holidays and fully enjoy lots of chocolate and family-time!

:)
Happy Easter!
Mary

1 comment:

  1. Aw,I'm sorry you have to work this weekend - what a bummer,especially if your best friend comes over! :(
    I understand your feelings about swets and chocolate; sugar-y food is definitely tough for me,too. I believe that you can do it though; enjoy your chocolate,girl,because you're worth it & you deserve it for sure! :)
    Sending you hugs! ♥

    ReplyDelete